Tuesday 23 October 2012

Helloooo?

Well it has been a while. I'm hoping to return to updating this a bit more regularly from now on, having got The Epic Summer of Shows (TM) out of the way.

So - models! I've been resisting the HH urge, until recently, having just started work on an Iron Warriors Contemptor, and in the meantime I've been putting Dystopian Wars stuff together - if you haven't seen the stuff for this range, check it out. It's ace!


Minotaurs-wise, well. I've got my Storm Talon finished, and I'm rather pleased with how it came out. I added a few decals and other details since taking these, but checken Sie aus, as they say in Germany*:
I'm very happy with how this has turned out


The business end, as they say... Ooer
 I've also completed both Landspeeders, the first of which is below, of Squadron Bahamut-alpha. The third will be constructed towards Christmas, I reckon.

Now the only quandary is whether or not to texture the flying base...
And after many years of sterling service, I've got a new Librarian, the rather classically-featured Codicier Lykourgas:



He wants to rock (rock)!
Finally, I tinkered about with the rather luvverly 40k 25th Anniversary model to lead Tactical Squad Chilon, as you can see. I absolutely love building Tactical squads, you can pack so much character in with comparatively simple conversions. These guys are all about the drum mags - especially on the Heavy Bolter. You might have seen the Legion heavy weapon upgrades that FW will be releasing in the near future, first shown at Games Day; I doubt I had anything to do with Will choosing to go for drum mag heavy bolters, but as you can see it looks Badabass (ar har)



'Brothers, shoot the crap out of them!'
*They don't say that in Germany. If anything it'd be 'auschecken Sie, bitte'...

6 comments:

  1. Your storm talon looks ace for sure but I think it needs something to break up all the bronze color. Maybe red missiles on the typhoon launcher or red on the wing/tail tips?

    Just my two cents but either way they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D
    Well it has since gained some decals and suchlike to break it up slightly. I'm personally quite please with the gold, I did speculate about blocking out the tail in a similar manner to the wings though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Storm Talon, I was tempted to try something similar but I ended up going with the default look in the end, though I think the Minotaurs should be suing a certain chapter who favour robes for nicking their flyer ideas...

    Your kitbash-fu is strong with the Tactical Squad and Lykourgas as well - very distinctive works. It just goes to show how the Marine kits are so brilliant and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Could you please tell me where the bolter with the drum mag comes from, on the model in the center of the last picture ?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure, Laurent, it's an Anvil Industries drum mag - they do a bunch of bits and pieces as you can see at http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=60_103

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much, and congratulations for this magnificent army.
    I'll steel a few ideas for my Minotaurs.
    I wish i could paint so fast...

    ReplyDelete